MOVED

This blog has now moved to head ♥ heart ♥ health

Recent posts from head ♥ heart ♥ health

Monday 1 January 2007

Happy Anniversary

Today is my 2 year anniversary. On this day in 2005 I began my life changing resolution to lose weight and get fit. Although there have been ups and downs along the way, I have successfully maintained my weight loss now for over 18 months. That puts me in a rare group of people who have lost weight and kept it off. Today, I am 19 kilos lighter than I was on 1 January 2005. Those first 2 kgs I lost in the very first week have been gone for TWO WHOLE YEARS!! Pretty good going if I say so myself.

On top of that, I have lost 1 kilo in the last week. Now for someone my size, that is 1.6% of my body weight. No where near those "Biggest Losers" weight loss figures but impressive because this week I celebrated Christmas and New Year and worked from 9-30am till 2.00am yesterday.

As this is a 1 January post, I should write my resolutions here, but I am starting a new tradition. I am going to firstly celebrate the 5 things I am most thankful for in 2006.

  • I am thankful that I have a loving husband who is just as entertaining, loving and supportive as he was the day we married over 12 years ago
  • I am thankful that I have an amazing, challenging, high paid job that I enjoy immensely
  • I am thankful that I live in a wonderful home and want for nothing
  • I am thankful that I am intelligent, positive and driven to succeed
  • I am thankful that I have so much joy in my life and very little heartache

These are my goals for 2007, so I have something to measure myself by this time in 2008.

  • To be a "50's" [kg] girl again and maintain it all year
  • To buy a house
  • To find a new physical sport/hobby that I enjoy and achieve success in it
  • To have a holiday

I hope that 2006 was a good year for you and that 2007 will be even better. Remember that if it wasn't for my New Year's Resolution in 2005, I would still be a fat, tired, sick and unhealthy pre-menopausal woman, looking and feeling worse as each year went by.

It is possible to keep your New Year's Resolution - I did - and look at the changes in my life. Take one day at a time and keeping "chipping" away at it. Where do you want to be this time next year??

GOOD LUCK - I'm here to help if you need it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Katie, I needed that. Here I've been groaning about only losing 4 kgs this year, BUT in the 4 months preceding that I lost 23kgs and that has now been gone for over 12 months.
    So I too need to look onthe bright side. I may still have 35 or so to go, but 27 are gone forever!

    ReplyDelete