MOVED

This blog has now moved to head ♥ heart ♥ health

Recent posts from head ♥ heart ♥ health

Friday 12 October 2007

Things to be Thankful For

I have been thinking about this post for the last few days but I fear that it makes me sound a little smug and superior.

I don't want this to be a case of "I'm better than you because ..."

Oh, bugger it, this is about ME ... not anyone else OK?

I am thankful that
~ although I have gained weight over winter, I only have 5 kilos to lose not the 20 kilos I started with
~ I have already built muscle so I although they were a little doughy, my muscle memory means that they have come back quickly
~ I have been eating low carb for over a year so that increasing my carbs to a moderate level (150g max) has given me a huge boost of energy
~ most of my clothes still fit even though I am carrying 5 kilos of extra weight
~ I am the fittest person that I know in my circle of family and friends (there are plenty of you fitter/thinner than me in blogworld but I don't actually know most of you)
~ I have been eating healthy food for so long that junk food doesn't even taste good anymore *except for sugary things mentioned in the bad section
~ I love fruit and veges *except for brussel sprouts, cabbage and cauliflower
~ I am accustomed to artificial sweetener, low fat cheese/milk/yogurt, diet coke and sugar free lollies so I don't miss the real thing
~ I am programmed to get up early and exercise. Even on the weekends I can't sleep in
~ I have my own home gym and treadmill

And just so you don't think my life is perfect and I'm an utter bitch, here are the bad parts:

Things I wish I could change
~ I still don't enjoy drinking water - it still makes me go to the bathroom A LOT
~ my skin will always be flabby with stretch marks
~ my boobs have G O N E
~ my arse has G O N E
~ my inner thighs are wrinkled
~ my neck is getting crepey
~ I have batwings
~ my husband eats crap, doesn't do any exercise and wishes I was fatter
~ I struggle with binge eating especially on a 'free' or 'refeed' day
~ I'm fatter than most people I see on TV or in magazines
~ I am usually cold most of the time
~ sugar triggers a binge which means I can never just have one slice of cake/cheesecake/chocolate and leave the rest
~ I think about all this SHIT all the time

~ my eyebrows and my pubes are turning grey !!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Katie, You have far more to be thankful for than you want to change. That is fantastic!!
    Wanted to take pics this morning for you but Miss 14 has lost the bloody camera!!! So after I finish kicking her arse, we will look for it. Before anyone gets cranky it was a joke!! :P
    So will have pics very soon!
    I have got a ipod thingy and shoes, will have a go with it very soon.
    Cheryl :-)
    BTW: I Still think your a STAR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie
    I've been off line for a while (and knjured) so I've just come back to read a whole heap of your posts. I'm so glad you've decided to keep running - and you are already faster than me - my PB for 5kms is 29:08 - you go girl.
    Secondly - I feel like I would have to write an identicle list to as to what to be thankful/not for - I just kept reading it and going - yep, yep, yep
    Lastly - I think I might join you on the BFL - might even buy myself some gold stars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:21 pm

    Hey there,

    Just found your blog this morning, and have been reading ever since. For some reason, it's kind of hard to stop :)

    Great thoughts on being thankful. Life in general would be so much easier if we only remembered to stop every now and then and take time to reflect on what we already have. Not that doing so would take away all the things we complain about and/or wish we could change, but at least the negative list will be easier to handle if there's a positive one balancing it out.

    I think I'll write down two lists like that for myself tonight. Could use some reflecting :)

    Keep up the good work - I'll be back!

    Ps. "I'm fatter than most people I see on TV or in magazines". What about the "normal" people you see on the street or in the grocery store? And how many of the persons you see on TV do you think run as fast as you do or eat as healthy as you do?

    ReplyDelete