I got this comment on my birthday post on Tuesday.
1. Am I "fanatical about diet and exercise"?
2. Do I "rabbit on and on about those mystery pounds I need to shed ..."?
3. Am I "in fantastic shape (regardless of age) and look great"?
4. Is my "inner critic a b*tch"?
Could Lizzie/Lauren (who doesn't have a blog so I have no idea who she is) be right?
And more importantly, why do I even care what a stranger thinks?
The answers ...
1. YES, I am fanatical about diet and exercise. Frankly it makes me happier and enjoy life more to look after my body.
2. YES, I do rabbit on about the pounds (which are NOT mysterious) I need to lose. If I didn't, it wouldn't be much of a weight loss blog would it?
3. YES, some people think I am already in great shape. If I looked like I do today for the rest of my life, I wouldn't be too disappointed. But I don't think I'm in fantastic shape - I know there is a lean muscled athlete inside waiting to come out. And I'm going to do everything I damn well can to get there. See (1) above .
4. YES, my inner critic is a b*tch, but so am I. I'm tough, determined, committed and ruthless when it comes to doing things 100%. I love my inner b*tch.
Supplementary question - do I care what other people think? Fuck no! I don't even care what my husband thinks about how I look, exercise and eat and I love him so I am hardly going to take much notice of complete strangers! (Unless I 'know' them and their stories and they have gentle advice to offer based on their own success/failure ...)
Phew - I think I exorcised that particular issue - and after all is said and done - that's the point of this whole blogging thing!