MOVED

This blog has now moved to head ♥ heart ♥ health

Recent posts from head ♥ heart ♥ health

Tuesday 20 May 2008

The Final Countdown - 5 days to go

Weight : 56.0 kg (123.2 lb)
Yesterday's Food : You have used 1429 out of your net daily budget of 1400 calories and have -29 calories remaining. 18% of the calories are from fat, 44% from protein, 38% from carbs
Exercise : Upper Body + Run (?)

I don't know why there was a weight spike this morning, although I did have a bit more sodium than usual yesterday, my period is due tomorrow and I am very sore so that might explain it.

I went to the hotel gym this morning and did a half arsed upper body workout. Then I stood on the treadmill for about 5 minutes, said "fuck this sucks, I'm exhausted, I need food" and came back to my room for porridge. I will do my cardio tonight instead. You see that's why I need to go to a gym so I don't just bail out half way through. When I've made the effort to get there I stay until I'm done. As I only have to go a few floors to this gym, I can just rationalise that I'll go back later.

Last night, however, Shelley and I did an awesome leg workout. I discovered I have been doing half of my exercises either the wrong way or with too light weights. We worked really hard in the gym.

Shelley cooked me a wonderful paleo dinner of chicken and stir fry veggies. It was divine. I got all sorts of advice, samples and supplies for the big day and then she helped me with my posing. At long last I finally figured out how to spread my lats. It was a fantastic evening.

I am in a constant state of mild anxiety. I am not sleeping very well in a strange bed and when I think of all the stuff I have to get done this week, I am overwhelmed. There is hair removal, tanning, makeup, hair, registration, drinking/eating that all has to be done to schedule. I know I just need to take it one step at a time but I am still stressing. I actually just really want to go home.

On a happy note though, my best friend in the whole world, Miss S, is flying down especially this weekend to be there for the show. She was my bridesmaid when I got married so it is kind of appropriate. It will be wonderful to have her no nonsense energy around on Saturday and Sunday. I think I am going to write a detailed schedule of all the things that need to get done and when and put her in charge of making sure they happen on time.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:32 pm

    Oh no, what a terrible time to be expecting your period..damn it all. Hopefully all the bloating stuff will be gone by the big day!!! I'm so excited for you!

    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all sounds so very daunting...but I'm sure it'll all come together!
    Sorry I missed meeting you on Saturday...guess I'll just have to wait for the pickies of the final product over the weekend! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete