MOVED

This blog has now moved to head ♥ heart ♥ health

Recent posts from head ♥ heart ♥ health

Monday 2 June 2008

Shhhhh ... she just might do it again

I didn't do it right.
I didn't have enough upper body muscle.
I wasn't lean enough.
I took it too seriously.
I tried to be a Barbie, not a Katie.

So I want to try again and I don't want to wait until next year.

My calendar is free of major events (except the P0pe of the world coming to my work). There are no holidays and or social commitments planned for the next four months.

8 weeks to build some muscle. If I look bigger in 8 weeks, I am going to go for it. 8 more weeks to cut to low, low 50's then stand on stage again - this time MY way.

This time I have something tangible to compete with. I want to come in bigger and leaner than last time. I need a new challenge. Why not?

Photos will be posted on 1 August for comparison and decision making time. Coach has called my new program "Enter the Meathead". Tomorrow we smash back, shoulders and triceps, and then Wednesday we smash chest and back. I have supplements to assist. I shall be HUGE!

Here we go again gang - are you ready for another adventure?

I repeat this quote because it is more appropriate now than ever.

Make your choice, and then put your commitment behind it. Even if it doesn't work out as you expected, at the very least you will have gained valuable knowledge and experience for making the next choice. - Ralph Marsden

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great plan, i'll be cheering for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go for it girlfriend and don't let anyone or anything stand in your way!

    Bigger, better, leaner, stronger - I can see you now. "Katie, Katie, Katie" the crowd chants. A standing ovation awaits you my friend.

    Big hugs
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:01 pm

    Go Katie GO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enter the MEATHEAD??? LMAO! Can't wait to see how you shape up.

    BTW, you didn't 'do it wrong'. You just got yourself some much-needed experience and learned more about what you really want. No experience is a waste, even the ones that really, really suck, if you learn something from it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to following!
    shar x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to follow you on this adventure!

    "Enter the meathead"! Gotta love those names for workouts. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:47 am

    You go girl!! August is such a long time to wait for the progress pics though. I'm sure you'll rock that stage!

    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! you are amazing!and such an inspiration !!!

    looking forward to following your journey hun.

    Erica xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great!! I think it's a fantastic idea. Now that you have had the experience of the comp you'll still be learning along the way but have some of your own knowledge about how your body copes. I don't blame you for not waiting another year to do it! Good on you katie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have enjoyed following your first comp journey and would love to follow you on a second journey. You are inspirational! Thanks

    ReplyDelete