MOVED

This blog has now moved to head ♥ heart ♥ health

Recent posts from head ♥ heart ♥ health

Tuesday 7 February 2006

The Change is Complete

It seems to me that before "the change" life was different.

Of course, I am not referring to what is commonly referred to as the change - Menopause - I am talking about my 40th birthday mid life crisis.

I will briefly summarise the facts of the Change

Before
  • 40 years old
  • overweight [Size 14-16]
  • unfit
  • unhealthy eating
  • smoker
  • Diet Coke addict
  • married/childless

After

  • 41 years old
  • healthy weight [Size 8]
  • fit - run 3kms almost every day and bench press 35kgs
  • new eating issues
  • non-smoker
  • recovering DC addict
  • married/childless

This blog is to chronicle not the year of Change [2005], but the year of the Destination [2006].

It strikes me for the first time that the Change has all been about the physical aspects of my life and therefore should have not largely impacted on "me" as a person - after all I am more than just my physical form. But this is not true. I am completely different from the person I was a year ago.

In some ways I feel reborn and like a small child I am still uncertain on my feet and fall often. I will write of this journey in order to explore what happens after the "after". The Change is complete for better or worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment