I don't have any kids but if I did how would I look after them?
Would I let them
- eat the barest minimum all day so they could eat a huge dinner and desert
- fill up on no-calorie soft drink when they were really hungry
- exercise until near exhaustion every day even when they were sick
- smoke because it is an appetite suppressant and speeds the metabolism
- take laxatives when they ate too much
Would I forbid
- all treats including chocolate, birthday cake and restaurant meals
and then call them weak willed, stupid, and lacking self control when they binged on the forbidden food
- weigh them every morning and sometimes every night to ascertain how successful they were the previous day or that day
- scrutinize their bodies in the mirror and point out the bits that jiggle or sag or don't have big enough muscles
OF COURSE I WOULDN'T !!!! I would want them to be healthy and happy ...
But that is how I treat myself - I thought I loved myself, I tell everybody that I do, I act like I do - but this is not the kind of love I would show my children.
Do unto yourself as you would do unto others ... boy - I've got a long way to go.