MOVED

This blog has now moved to head ♥ heart ♥ health

Recent posts from head ♥ heart ♥ health

Friday 29 December 2006

Low Carb Yoghurt

Since being a low carb princess, I have missed my diary products the most. I don't mind cream but it is very high in calories.

I am pleased to announce that I have discovered a low carb yoghurt at my local IGA. It has less than 5g carbs per 100g. It is the natural full fat flavour - the one with the light blue label.

Nutrition per 100g is as follows:
Calories = 68
Total Fat = 3.4
Saturated Fat = 2.2
Carbohydrate = 4.7
Protein = 4.7

www.barambahorganics.com.au/products.htm

Needless to say I have eaten it today for breakfast, afternoon tea and dessert. I made a pancake for breakfast with it which was a little mooshy but I really enjoyed it. Don't expect the same consistency as a real pancake and it is difficult to turn it without breaking it, but here is my concoction in case you are interested.

Mix together 100g yoghurt, 1 egg, 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder and enough pysillium husk to make it pancake consistency [about 2 tablespoons?]. Cook in a non-stick pan with a little olive oil or butter. Serve with your favourite low carb/cal topping.

Breakfast = Carbs 6g, Fat 10g, Prot 20g and Calories 187. YAY!!

The other special product is Cadbury Carb Lite chocolate which I discovered this week also. But as I am not eating FRANKENFOOD [well, not admitting to it anyway] I won't tempt you with its low cal/low carb attractions. YAY for good food!!

No comments:

Post a Comment