MOVED

This blog has now moved to head ♥ heart ♥ health

Recent posts from head ♥ heart ♥ health

Saturday 2 August 2008

Quick Snack - Walnut & Oat Biscuits - Wheat Free

I try to keep all of my meals to around 300 calories which means I can have 5 for 1500 and then a bit extra depending on my calorie goals for the day.

I like protein bars, but the chemicals in them have recently been giving me immediate stomach pain straight after I eat them.

This morning I took a very high calorie recipe from a fitness book and made my own walnut and oat biscuits. They are not by any means high protein, but so yummy I don't care.

Dry Ingredients
100g rolled oats
20g chopped walnuts
10g dessicated coconut
15g vanilla protein powder (next time I'll use LB crunch and see what happens)
cinnamon

Wet Ingredients
20g butter melted
2 tablespoons of sugar free maple syrup

Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well. It doesn't quite stick together on it's own so put it in a muffin tray (divided the mixture into six).

Cook in the oven for 20 minutes on 175 c

1 muffin/biscuit (1/6th of whole recipe)
128 calories
6.4g fat
4.6g protein
13.1g carbohydrates

I just had two for my mid morning meal with a cup of tea. Oh my god they were so good. Now I just have to refrain from eating the other 4 ...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:27 pm

    Ohhhh those do sound good! I'd love to try them but I know I would eat them all at once which is why I can't do any baking. I'm a little piggy. :)


    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay mine are in the oven, didnt have any walnuts so used pistachios instead - sounded too good to resist

    ReplyDelete