MOVED

This blog has now moved to head ♥ heart ♥ health

Recent posts from head ♥ heart ♥ health

Thursday 26 February 2009

Can't Wait to See You

Weight : 14.5% ~ 8.64/50.96 = 59.6 kg
Training : rest
Next target : 27 Feb : 13.6% ~ 8.11/51.49 = 59.6 kg

Does getting ‘sick lean’ make you sick?

Fern and I were discussing being healthy and achieving ultra low body fat yesterday. We agree that ‘sick lean’ and healthy are probably mutually exclusive. I don’t know about maintaining at a low BF level (because I’ve never had the pleasure) but I do know that losing fat when I don’t have much to start with makes me sick.

While I am on my strict competition diet (HA!!) – more like my relaxed treat laden ‘how can this be working?’ food plan and the scales/BF% are moving downwards, I have periods throughout the day when I feel extremely nauseous and dizzy. I think it is all those icky fat toxins leaking into my system before I pee them away.

I read other figure athlete’s blogs who also seem to suffer from a variety of mysterious ailments. There are migraines, digestive issues, a susceptibility to hay fever, swollen glands and the good old common cold that are regularly mentioned. Not to mention the other stuff that never gets talked about (hands up if you’ve had a colonic recently??). There is even some evidence to suggest that lumpy breasts can also be an issue (probably due to the fact that you’ve always had the lumps but never seen them until all the fat on your boobies melts away).

So where is the line? How lean is lean enough and how healthy is healthy enough? Is it all or nothing or that old solution to everything – the middle ground?

No comments:

Post a Comment