MOVED

This blog has now moved to head ♥ heart ♥ health

Recent posts from head ♥ heart ♥ health

Tuesday 24 March 2009

No Other Words to Describe It


I feel like shit today - it took me ages to get to the gym because I kept thinking I was going to throw up. My cardio session was very ordinary and I couldn't seem to get my heart rate up.

I have other physical symptoms that are bothering me - the joints of my fingers are really sore, I am constantly thirsty, I get dizzy if I stand up too fast, my legs keep going to sleep when I sit for long periods, I am always freezing and my reproductive hormones have gone to shit.

Dr Google says I might be suffering from overtraining. Solution = rest up for a few weeks. Um ... not going to happen ... I might just look cutting back a little. Oh and I am taking the day off work. Not the best philosophy - train yourself into the ground and make yourself too sick to go to work - but I never said I was balanced or rational!!

3 comments:

  1. Sleep, rest and recovery are the usual things lacking when you suffer from overtraining syndrome.

    The cure definitely involves a day off work. And, whether you like it or not, at least a couple of days off from training.

    Relax, rest and let your body find its groove again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:16 pm

    Kek's right.
    Sounds like low blood pressure to me (from the overtraining). Sleep (and iodized salt).
    Do you have any recovery protocols in place. You're flogging yourself hard. Saunas, epsom salt baths and foam rollers are almost free. OR call a sicky, sleep in and go get a massage :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest up hun!
    A day off work isn't too bad, your body is telling you to rest so you should do so!
    Hope you feel better tomorrow hun :)
    Em:)

    ReplyDelete