MOVED

This blog has now moved to head ♥ heart ♥ health

Recent posts from head ♥ heart ♥ health

Wednesday 27 May 2009

Back to Routine

I will be so glad to get back home this afternoon. I have spent the last three weeks in and out of a suitcase, sleeping in strange beds and talking to my husband via text messages.

These last three days have been challenging but I haven't surrendered the fight. I did succumb to a mini lemon meringue pie (my Achilles heel) yesterday afternoon, but I carefully carried the wee sucker home, weighed him and then logged him in Calorie King. Warmed slightly in the microwave and served with low carb ice-cream, it was a treat I really enjoyed. I went for a long walk up to the shops immediately afterwards so I expect I probably burned more than I ate.

Last night there was a conference gala dinner that, after much indecision, I finally decided not to attend. Part of me was feeling woeful because I couldn't just go and enjoy a wonderful gourmet meal like a normal person, but the other part of me wanted to stay home and eat freshly cooked chicken thigh with salad in a mountain wrap followed by a warm protein bar and a skinny cow.

I know there will come a time when I can be more spontaneous and flexible about my eating decisions, but I am not quite there yet. Thursday is my planned high calorie day, and I'd rather wait until then and have the things I really really want to eat over the entire day (not just one minuscule entree, main and dessert).

To make myself feel better I went and stared at my hip bones and abs in the mirror ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie

    Just wanted to tell you how much the title of yesterday's post completely and utterly describes exactly how I feel at the moment.

    I feel like I am running to stand still and I don't know how long I can keep it up :(

    Glad to hear that things are going well for you though xxx

    ReplyDelete