MOVED

This blog has now moved to head ♥ heart ♥ health

Recent posts from head ♥ heart ♥ health

Monday 13 July 2009

Home from the Holidays


I have just spent a wonderful week in Palm Cove, Far North Queensland with the gorgeous Shelley. We laughed, cried, relaxed, plotted and planned, tanned, trained and ate.

I ate out a lot more than I intended to so you could safely say that I was 'off plan' three days out of six.

I can't say that I am particularly worried about my nutrition decisions because I realise that enjoying restaurants/takeaway food and a few drinks with a friend is part of what holidays are all about. Heaven knows that it has been years since I had a 'diet break' so it was probably well overdue.

I have come to the conclusion that our thought processes directly influence our bodies. Even though I have broken my rigid set of eating rules, I am choosing not to entertain thoughts of guilt, self loathing or regret.

Strangely, I have had no carb hangovers, no major fluid retention and no desire to under eat or over train to compensate. I think that my relaxed attitude has allowed my body to get on with the digestive process in a much more efficient manner than when I am filled with stress.

Of course I am a little softer than I was when I left home last week, but a few days of clean living will sort that out.

Shame, self hate, guilt and regret instigate destructive behaviour rather than positive actions. Kind thoughts about yourself result in treating yourself with kindness and self love - getting straight back on plan.

1 comment:

  1. Dang....you girls were only an hour away... would have loved to catch up for a chat! Of course, I only got back into town Friday-seriously jet-lagged.
    Sounds like you had a wonderful week though!

    ReplyDelete