MOVED

This blog has now moved to head ♥ heart ♥ health

Recent posts from head ♥ heart ♥ health

Saturday 22 August 2009

100 Day Challenge - Day 73 - Walk the Plank | Do Something Weird!

I have been waiting for two days to publish this particular post because I am a skeptic and I wasn't convinced that this weird shit would work. But it does.

It is called EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) or Tapping. The reason I am so certain this is right for me is because I was surfing the internet and I stumbled on this site by accident and downloaded the free manual and then, THE VERY NEXT DAY, I was listening to one of my MP3's from Unstoppable Fat Loss and it was discussed in great length as a life changing technique.

I don't usually post videos (because I never watch them on blogs) but if you've got 5 minutes, take a quick look. This girl is so cute and endearing (and a New Zealander). She does a wonderful job of describing the easiest EFT technique.




Every time I feel like eating when I am not hungry I say 'Even though I want to eat when I am not hungry (or I feel like a binge) I deeply and completely love and accept myself'. Somehow the craving goes away and the words 'deeply and completely love and accept myself' are now branded on my brain.

I have said to myself at times, I just wish I could take a pill to stop this anxiety and stress that drives me to eat for comfort. Doing the tapping sequence seems to work like taking a 'chill pill'.

Just try it a few times -- try it on something that is easy to notice a difference with (like actual physical pain). I used it first on my dodgy leg that I injured dead-lifting the other day (Even though I have a painful leg I deeply and completely love and accept myself). Surprisingly, the pain got better almost immediately.

Then try EFT with your cravings -- it can't hurt and it may be the intervention you've been looking for.


7 comments:

  1. ohh i am very intrigued. i plan on trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! And yes, she's a cutie....:-)
    Definitely giving it a go...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. EFT and NFL are really interesting. My sister in law is an EFT practitioner (overweight though). Don't know if she still practises but I think there is something to this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to a hypnotist and she was an EFT practitionist as well. So I have done it for a few weeks. But as usual I didn't continue with things once I stopped seeing her. Might be time the walk the plank again....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously you freak me out sometimes with how much we are on the same page. I went to a kinesiologist on Friday (which I will blog about shortly) and one of the techniques she gave me was tapping.

    Awesome, awesome stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Nerd Girl -- congratulations on your successful competition -- you look amazing

    @Raechelle -- I'm always on the lookout for new mind/body connection angles

    @Liz -- NLP fascinates me too but it is much harder to figure it out without having to pay lots of money to train or see an expert

    @Esme -- maybe time to swing back into action?

    @Em -- we have to get together SOON young Miss. I can't believe we are twins separated at birth and we live in adjoining suburbs and we still haven't caught up. Let's do RPM sometime soon or a coffee ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie you're on! 2.5 weeks til I finish my PT course and then I have my weekends back. xx

    ReplyDelete