Except I'm not because my weakness is irrelevant.
What is happening is that I am constantly thinking about how crap my eating is, so my eating is crap. I beat myself up when I eat the wrong thing, I spend hours trying to find the perfect program that will cure my ills, and I become confused and stressed every time I have to make an eating decision. My head is full of negative, self defeating, non-productive thoughts.
I am no longer going to worry or stress about my eating choices because my weakness is irrelevant.
Now I am focusing on what I am really really good at. This is my Pirate Legend, the things I am famous for.
Here is my list of famous feats for yesterday ...
♥ I walked to the library and back
♥ I connected with my blog/forum friends
♥ Loads of people read my blog, forum and articles
♥ I gained knowledge by reading
♥ I gained inspiration from listening to other people's health and fitness stories
♥ I made a small income from my online business
♥ I wrote out my goals
♥ I enjoyed the beautiful warm day
♥ My eye felt better
♥ I didn't ingest any chemicals, only real food
♥ I showered, washed my hair, shaved my legs and wore makeup
♥ I noticed my thoughts and stopped the negative ones
♥ I honoured my body with food that was not processed or manufactured
♥ I lived passionately and truthfully
♥ I spent time absorbed in activities that fill me up
♥ I wrote
♥ I was happy
These victories are my strengths, my fame, and my fortune. It doesn't make a difference whether they are simple and easy wins or hard fought battles, I achieved great things in a single day.
If I think on these things, then the food doesn't matter ... after all, it's just food for fuck's sake. And I know that by putting my focus on what I can do well, then the rest of it will fall into place eventually by itself.
I give myself the gift of patience and forgiveness. I will learn and I will grow and as a result the simple act of choosing healthy and nutritious food, without struggle or deprivation, will come as easily as my desire to be strong, committed and inspirational.
- Is your focus always on the negative? Has that helped you improve?
- What if you could get better by working on your strengths and not your weaknesses?
- What have you achieved today? What are the great things you do you never even think about? What are you famous for?
- Give up stressing about the bad bits for just 10 days. Every time you have a thought about that thing that trips you up, replace it with a positive thought instead e.g. "I might eat crappy food sometimes but I never have a problem smashing myself in the gym! I love training! In fact today I'm going to do an extra rep on every set because I am getting really strong ..."
- You are so much more than your weakness -- forget about it and take comfort and pleasure in your fabulousness!! Your strengths matter and your weakness is IRRELEVANT!!