MOVED

This blog has now moved to head ♥ heart ♥ health

Recent posts from head ♥ heart ♥ health

Saturday 8 August 2009

100 Day Challenge - Day 87 - My First Mate

Dear First Mate

Having you as my best friend, cheer squad, and drill sargent has meant the world to me.

There is this theory that each time we are re-born, we split into pieces and throughout our lives we find more and more of those pieces that put us back together into a whole person. You are one of the missing pieces in my life that has been found.

I love the way that you 'get' everything I am going through. From the discipline of competition prep and the torture of carb depletion, to the lost and confused feelings of trying to find maintenance, you and I have been through it all.

We laugh together, we train together, we cry together, and we binge together except when all the shops are shut and we can't find any food!!

We are both imperfect beings, trying our hardest to live our best lives and, unlike other relationships we might have, we neither need nor want the other to change. There is freedom and joy in knowing that you love me no matter what I do, or say.

You have taught me so many invaluable lessons -- that I can lift heavy shit, how to flip pancakes with the lid, to keep my elbows in on military presses, that no treats is as bad as too many treats, and that a good arse pump can make you feel invincible!

You are amazing, strong, and beautiful
. I am fortunate to have you in my life. Now stop crying and go have a pancake and Skinny Cow.

Love Katie P


Bonus Bone
  • write a letter of recognition and thanks to your first mate
  • 2 x bonus bones if you make them cry

1 comment:

  1. As your co-captain, side-kick, first-mate, best-friend I'm awarding you 3 bones! 1 for making me cry (a lot), 2 for making me laugh, and 3 for making me laugh and cry at the same time with snot running from my nose. I love you!

    ReplyDelete