MOVED

This blog has now moved to head ♥ heart ♥ health

Recent posts from head ♥ heart ♥ health

Friday 4 August 2006

Can I do this for the rest of my life?

I recently read a blog by someone who had lost an enormous amount of weight and was struggling to keep it off. I know how that feels having got to my goal only to regain about 10 kilos. This time around I am doing it differently.
Everything I do to lose weight has to be sustainable after I reach my goal. In other words, if I choose to work out 2 hours a day, will I be able to do that for the rest of my life. And the answer is "No". If I choose to eat only fruit and veges with no treats this week, will I be able to do that for the rest of my life. And the answer is "No".
You see our bodies get used to what we do to them very very quickly, so if I train my body to move and eat in a certain way, changing that will have results. If I stop exercising intensely and eating like a sparrow, I will regain weight. But if I do all things in moderation, then I can incorporate these habits as my lifestyle. I can eat healthy wholesome food most of the time and do some exercise everyday for the rest of my life. Any other extreme behaviours to lose weight are dangerous and somewhat pointless because they have to be sustainable or the weight will return.
Don't make a rod for your own back. It's OK to be the big girl, but to be the big girl that got skinny and then got big again seems like a huge failure. I haven't failed at anything else in my life so I won't fail at this. The way I live today has to be something I can do for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment