MOVED

This blog has now moved to head ♥ heart ♥ health

Recent posts from head ♥ heart ♥ health

Monday 4 June 2007

Muesli Monster

The one thing I really miss on low carb is muesli and yogurt. Being in a hotel room with no kitchen facilities means egg pancakes are out. So ... what to have for breakfast.

I found this cereal:

Freedom Foods Muesli - Gluten Free, Wheat Free with Psyllium -
Average Quantity Per 100g
Energy (kilojoules) 1910
Protein 11.1
Fat 27.2
Saturated Fat 12.3
Carbohydrate (Total) 33.3
Carbohydrate (Sugar)+24.3
Fibre (g) 18.3
Sodium (mg) 30

Serving size is 40g which is only 13.3g carbs. Quite a bargain in the cereal arena.
Only problem is ... I've had it twice today already!!

I am at a conference and boy do they feed you crap constantly at things like this. I did mention I was gluten intolerant on my registration but there is not much I can eat -- or that is even healthy let alone low carb. They serve up pastries for breakfast, fudge stuff for morning tea, pasta and rice for lunch and iced buns for afternoon tea. I am glad I am staying in the same hotel because I can 'go home for lunch'.

PS: All that extra fibre sure makes you "go" ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment