MOVED

This blog has now moved to head ♥ heart ♥ health

Recent posts from head ♥ heart ♥ health

Sunday 7 October 2007

Who's a Clever Girl then - C1W1 Weigh In

See what happens when you put your mind to it - weighed in this morning at 63.8kg - a total loss of 1.2kg which is HUGE for someone who only has 5kgs to lose (4 now YAHOO). It appears that I can eat over 100g of carbs and still lose weight if I watch the fat. If you are familiar with the metabolic type diet it confirms that I am a mixed type as I always expected. Or it could just be the fact that I probably didn't eat enough all week. But it wasn't a problem, I felt completely satisfied with all the veges, brown rice, fruit, reduced fat cheese and lean protein I was eating. Changing from whole eggs to egg whites really doesn't make that much of a difference.

Today is my first free day that I approach with fear and trepidation. On the one hand, I know I won't bloat up like a balloon as happens with a carb load, because I am already eating carbs. On the other hand, I don't want to be caught in the dastardly clutches of an all out binge.

I figure I can eat 1800 calories today and will accomplish the magical average 1500 calories a day this week. Whether or not that means a gain tomorrow is yet to be seen. Although I can't imagine that 1800 is beyond what could reasonably be considered maintenance so hopefully I should just stay the same on the scales.

I know (thanks Kek for reminding me) that I shouldn't focus too much on scale weight because it doesn't just show fat loss. I know this for a fact because after my run yesterday, I only weighed 63.1 kg (can you say DEHYDRATED?). I ran a different route that didn't have water fountains along the way like my normal run does so I was a little thirsty!

I did take some before photos last Sunday (after I figured out the delayed timer on my camera) and I will take some more today. I might even post them if I am brave. The before ones were quite hideous, especially since I took them in a black bikini I have with string sides that slice my hip fat right across the middle.

1 comment:

  1. *1.2* !#$!@! That is awesome Katie, well done chick.

    ReplyDelete