MOVED

This blog has now moved to head ♥ heart ♥ health

Recent posts from head ♥ heart ♥ health

Thursday 28 February 2008

No News is Good News

Sorry for the silence this week but I have gone back to work and can't spend all day lollygagging on the computer!

I returned to 750 emails and 50 meeting invitations and I have only just finished reading them all and now I need to respond ... aHHHH!

My life has turned into sleeping, working out, preparing food, eating it, going to work, coming home and going to sleep again. The glamorous life of figure competition prep. I am really enjoying it - it is great to have such a huge goal to work towards which makes turning down chocolate freckles and hash browns at work relatively easy.

After being off work for three weeks, I have had several comments on the fact that I have lost weight. If other people notice, it must be working. I am still eating 1400-1500 calories a day with tons of veges and equal protein and carbs. I am now convinced that I do best on low fat (sadly because I LOVE FAT fat fatty fat fat) and moderate carbs so no wonder I was crashing on low carb.

The weight is melting off slowly. I am down a hole on my belt to keep my jeans up. I discovered that sorbitol (sugar alcohol) bloats me up. I use no sugar maple syrup on everything, but I didn't eat it in NZ (when I lost 1.5kg) so I stopped eating it and the bloating disappeared. If you g00gle sorbitol bloat you will find it is quite common - the sorbitol holds on to fluid in the gut apparently.

Last night I had my first competition nightmare. I was at the convention centre in Sydney, I was running late, I didn't have anyone to help me get ready and I had forgotten to get a tan. I was lilly white and everyone was chocolate brown. I had also forgotten to prepare my routine. For some reason my mother was there, but she had to leave and go outside because she thought the whole thing was disgusting! Finally I realised that it was the wrong date and I wasn't competing, I was just meant to be there to watch. You don't need a degree in psychology to work out what all that means :)

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Especially about mum thinking it's disgusting....I can so relate.
    Get ready-there are plenty more dreams to come-my first comp isn't until Sept-and they started as soon as I made the decision to do it as well-just part of the whole process!

    ReplyDelete