MOVED

This blog has now moved to head ♥ heart ♥ health

Recent posts from head ♥ heart ♥ health

Wednesday 19 March 2008

T minus 67 - The whoosh fairy is in da house!

Weight : 59.4 kg
Yesterday's food : You have used 1190 out of your net daily budget of 1400 calories and have 210 calories remaining. 16% of the calories are from fat, 38% from protein, 46% from carbs
Exercise : Lower Body + Elliptical Steady State
1 hr 03 min : 603 calories : 164 max hr : 134 av hr


It looks like the whoosh fairy has forgiven me and decided to pay a visit. Very happy to be in the low 59's. Only problem is I am always running late now because I can't stop looking at myself in the mirror LOL. My stomach looks so flat. I am closing in on looking like the picture at the top of my blog.

What is the secret I can hear you shouting? Well, aside from good food and exercise I haven't eaten any wheat since Saturday. I LOVE bread and cereal and go through phases of not eating it and then eating it again. I may or may not be gluten/wheat intolerant but the only side effect appears to be holding water. So it is off the menu for now. I will buy some gluten free cereal to add to my yogurt and try to find some grainy, chunky, gluten free bread (yeah right! like that exists).

This morning was steady state cardio on the elliptical. I can't tell you how relaxing it was just to churn it out for 30 minutes without gasping for air and lactic acid coursing through my legs. Heart rate stayed at about 145 bpm but it didn't feel like much work - nice!

Yesterday I ate my huge lunch time salad in the middle of a posh government meeting. I worked out that it took me a full 25 minutes to eat it. Now that is value for calories!!

Another successful morning in the regularity department. Maybe the wheat makes me constipated as well ...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Katie, a good gluten-free bread is the low GI one by Country Life (www.countrylifebakery.com.au). Vitality Gluten Free Bakehouse (ancientgrains@gmail.com) also does a great range, including cape seed, roasted seed, garlic bread, and olive bread. You are doing great! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wheat aggravates my IBS, as well as making me hold water. I don't avoid it entirely, but I keep it to a minimum....most of the time. When I don't pay attention and overdo the wheat consumption, I get extreme gut pain, bloating and other nice symptoms. Blah!

    I don't go for gluten-free substitutes, I just make things like pancakes from oats and buckwheat flour. I also love my potatoes and sweet potatoes as a starch substitute.

    Anyway, congrats on the weight loss - I knew you'd get there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not eating any wheat either.

    But, I am not substituting non-wheat bread - I am just using other food to act like bread. I found that it wasn't really the bread/crackers that I needed - it was needing something to "hold" other things.

    So, I am using raw sliced cucumber or raw sliced sweet potato instead of crackers.

    I am using steamed cabbage or lettuce leaves instead of wraps and taco shells and egg roll shells.

    I am using peppers and zucchini cut in half and cored as "boats" in the oven - like you would make/eat a "potato skin".

    I eat (real) oatmeal every day - cooked on the stove - but can cook overnight in crock pot.

    ReplyDelete