MOVED

This blog has now moved to head ♥ heart ♥ health

Recent posts from head ♥ heart ♥ health

Tuesday 18 March 2008

T minus 68

Weight : 59.8 kg
Yesterday's food : You have used 1401 out of your net daily budget of 1400 calories and have -1 calories remaining. 16% of the calories are from fat, 44% from protein, 40% from carbs
Exercise : Upper Body + Treadmill Intervals
1 hr 02 min : 559 calories : 166 max hr : 129 av hr


So, thankfully, it wasn't a dream or the result of under eating, I am lighter than yesterday and firmly in the 50's.

This morning we celebrated an unassisted, unmedicated bathroom event. First time since New Zealand. Yay!

My period is due tomorrow. I don't feel like it is coming at all. Although I know I wished for it to stop, I didn't want it to stop so soon. I want the weight I am now to be my off season weight, but I can't be maintaining at a BF% that stops my period, can I? Maybe I got lucky and hit menopause!!

This morning I increased all my weights and dropped back to 10 reps. I must have needed it because I haven't work so hard in a while - I was sweating, red faced and on the verge of crying like a baby. I have outgrown the girl weights on my bench press and now use the big boys 25lb ones. I am so tough :)

I was completely shattered by the end of the lifting and then had to do sprint intervals on the treadmill. My instructions are to hit 11km/hr + on the one minute sprints. I only managed 10km and even then I was perilously close to falling off the treadmill. I was so sweaty I nearly dissolved in a puddle on the floor.

I am looking forward to Easter because my gym is open every single day. Every other gym I have belonged to has always been closed on public holidays so this is a nice change. It looks like there are no classes though. I might shuffle things around so I get 4 unhurried sessions in and use my rest days on work days.

Sad that I look forward to training time and not Easter eggs ... well, maybe not so sad after all.

5 comments:

  1. don't go wishing for menopause, it is NOT FUN!!!! Yaaa for the 'unassisted' bathroom episode, so happy for you...*snigger*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing sooooooo well!!!!
    Good on you!!!! It must feel fabulous to see a "5" at the start of the scales. All your efforts are paying off!

    Also - I tried those tuna and sweet potato fritters you posted a while back....They are so delicious! I don't even feel like I am eating healthy food!

    Miss Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:01 pm

    yikes, is it normal to lose your period during training? how can that be good for you?!?!?!!

    anyhoooooty, good on you for making the 50's in such fine form.. loving it!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:32 pm

    Well done on reaching the 50s, you are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeahhh - thats what I said when I saw your morning weigh in results. 2 days in a row - just fab.
    The weights stuff is great! You've passed me on the bench press - last time I bench pressed (and its been a while) I was only doing 22.5.
    I've been doing sprint intervals with my weights too - they are such a killer, and today in HIIT I was doing 1 min sprint intervals at 11km/hr like you (except I wasn't trying to do this after weights). And last night during weights - a total sweat bucket too! Gosh - we are so in sync! (except for the scales, I really need to get my arse in gear!)

    Have a great Easter - I'm so looking forward to increased training time that isn't rushed!

    ReplyDelete