MOVED

This blog has now moved to head ♥ heart ♥ health

Recent posts from head ♥ heart ♥ health

Tuesday 9 December 2008

AD 2:3 and 2:4

Mon 8 December
Weight ... 62
Fat ... 109 ... 58%
Protein ... 148 ...35%
Carb ... 30 ... 7%
Cals ... 1719

Tues 9 December
Weight ... 61.9
Fat ... 77 ... 50 %
Protein ... 143 ... 42%
Carb ... 26 ... 8%
Cals ... 1354 (only a guess because I ate dinner at a function)


Yesterday's dinner was 2 grilled lamb chops with the fat on, mushrooms and snow peas. This diet is incredible. Although the scales treat me badly, I am happy that my weight is more or less creeping downwards rather than jumping 1 kg up and down all the time. I am liking what I see in the mirror - the most difference is my stomach and hips. Every day I see more of my teeny tiny abs peeping through.

This week will be a test though. I am eating out at least 3 times. I have a work dinner tonight, a Christmas lunch on Thursday and a night out with the girls in Brisbane on Saturday. It is easy to eat low carb in restaurants, it is just not being able to weigh things and the sneaky carbs in sauces and dressings.

Conflicted about when to refeed this week. It should be on Friday but that is photo shoot day and I don't want to be hungry and cranky all day eating rice and sweet potato. I think I'll leave it until I come home and do it on Monday.

Curiously, I have been losing fat and making progress with a greatly reduced training schedule. I am only lifting 3-4 times a week and not doing any cardio. I don't have tons of energy (which is normal when you are in a calorie deficit) so I am not going to the gym when I am sore. I am beginning to think that resting is as important as training. Your muscles don't grow while you are thrashing them, they grow afterwards when you are recovering. And if you don't ever give yourself a chance to recover you will never develop bigger muscles. It is good not to be under constant physical stress or feeling guilty for not hitting the gym 6 days a week.

The main thing is I am setting up a way of living that is sustainable every day for the long term. I can't train 6 days a week while eating 1400 calories a day indefinitely. But I can train 3-4 times a week while eat 1500-1700 calories a day and once I have leaned down increase my calories on refeed day (a few more treats). I feel so much better now I have a plan that works for me.

3 comments:

  1. So happy this is working so well for you! Like I said previously, I had considered doing the AD prior to getting pregnant. Are you following the AD workout recommendations as well? I can't tell from your last post but wanted to ask.

    Thanks so much for sharing your journey on the AD!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously I'm not at the same level you are, but I can say I've definitely noticed that rest periods are necessary, both in diet and workouts. After the occasional week of vacation or holiday, I usually experience muscle growth and sometimes weight loss. I need the break mentally, but it is beneficial physically too.

    Looking forward to reading how your plan works out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a xmas work dinner on the w/e coming but luckily it is at an Argentinian restaurant which means lots of meat! :)

    ReplyDelete