MOVED

This blog has now moved to head ♥ heart ♥ health

Recent posts from head ♥ heart ♥ health

Saturday 24 January 2009

BFFM Day 33 Carb Down


Weight : 15.2% ~ 9.32/51.98 = 61.3 kg
Training : monster mash shoulder smash + 16 min interval elliptical 2:1
Time : 1 hour 32 min ~ Calories : 685 ~ AHR : 126 bpm (72%)
Month #1 target : 31 Jan : 14.9% ~ 9.10/52.0 = 61.1 kg

I am so glad that I am focusing on body fat rather than scale weight because otherwise I would be thinking that I wasn't getting anywhere. If you look at the last 10 days [excluding the refeed spikes] my weight has been stuck.

But when you look at the fat column, I have lost almost 0.4kg of pure lard in 10 days while my LBM has slightly increased. That is brilliant progress - and today I hit a new BF low. Yay for getting results!

High Intensity Interval Dieting

I was thinking yesterday morning as I was doing 2:1 intervals on the elliptical [2 mins on/1 min off] that my diet is working well for me because it is like interval training compared to steady state cardio.

Instead of eating the same food, the same ratios and the same calories, day after day [I know you don't have to eat the same food but that is just the way I end up] you get 3 days of high intensity [low calorie/carb] and then one day to relax and recover.

In the same way that long steady cardio sessions suit some people perfectly - the runners, cyclists and swimmers - some of us find the same activity boring.

So to go hard and hungry for 3 days and then have a day of temporary rest suits me in exactly the same way that a short, sharp and hard interval session is so much more enjoyable than a 5km jog.

HIID - it's good fun!!

1 comment:

  1. You said it yourself "brilliant progress".

    I love the way you think - HIID (trademark it!)

    ReplyDelete