MOVED

This blog has now moved to head ♥ heart ♥ health

Recent posts from head ♥ heart ♥ health

Wednesday 17 June 2009

Reflection, Accountability, and Another Perspective




I have a Daily Log form that I get my clients to fill out each day (see some of it above). It occurred to me that it might actually help me too.

For the past week, I have been taking a moment to fill in my own log at the end of each day. Then my 'person who has the same dreams and goals as I do and who gets me' reads it and responds with feedback.

I am finding it really helpful (a) to pause and reflect on all aspects of the day - my affirmations, weight, calories, treats, training, achievements, challenges, and health and wellbeing (b) knowing that I am accountable to someone other than myself keeps me focused and (c) to get another perspective on what is going on in my life.

Here is an example of how it works in practice ...

ME:
Why am I always hungry - is it psychological, biological or emotional? Do I eat the wrong foods, is my body hating being this low in body fat, am I using food to replace something that is missing in my life? I want to eat sausage rolls and roast chicken sandwiches with the skin on every day but I also want to be skinny and look good. Why is the way I look so important to me? It really doesn't matter to anyone but me. I only know that I don't want to gain weight and then have to lose it again. I wish I could turn off my thoughts.

PERSON WHO HAS THE SAME DREAMS AND GOALS AS I DO AND WHO GETS ME:
Only you can answer the question of hunger and which one of the 3 it is. As women we are designed to carry body fat to nurture offspring, etc. I believe your body does not like being this lean but your mind does. Whether you allow nature to take it's course or fight it is your decision. Looking good may be important to you because of the feelings it produces - strength, courage, dedication. Even overweight people have feelings about how they look but hide it behind food.

All this information is stored in a spreadsheet that I can keep as a record (it is wonderful to see all your achievements for the week listed in one place) , monitor trends and do calculations at the end of each week (like average weight, calories, wellbeing etc).

Informative, helpful and fun - my favourite combination.

1 comment:

  1. What an AWESOME coach you are to have set up this spreadsheet and practising what you preach.

    ReplyDelete