MOVED

This blog has now moved to head ♥ heart ♥ health

Recent posts from head ♥ heart ♥ health

Thursday 6 August 2009

100 Day Challenge - Day 89 - Phase One Booty

Here is the Booty we collected in Phase One of the Skinny Bones 100 Day Challenge. A fantastic effort everyone especially those who checked in with their update.



I was told by a couple of members at work this morning that I have a gorgeous smile, which really made me smile all day. Amazing how the little things make us happy ;)

I almost doubted myself last night at dinner when my salmon and potato was drenched in cream and oil at the restaurant! So what I did was scrape all that cream crap off to the side and only had the veggies & salmon.

So today I have achieved all of my goals. I did a 20min run this morning followed by an 1hr athletic pilates this evening.

a) teaching RPM and caning it b) going to work for 8 hours after that c) packing all my meals and most importantly d) having a couple of rice cakes with peanut butter as soon as I got home so that I didn't go on an "I'm tired hunger binge" :)

I would have to say that the thing I am most proud of up till this point is sucking it up this afternoon and offering to walk the dog when I really felt like staying inside in the warm and I hadn't done anything up to this point in the day. I'm glad I got out and did it - because I actually feel much better now.

I have been spot on with water consumption and with the training rest/new split program

Just this week I feel strong enough to continue with the right food choices and get back into my daily exercise. Previously I felt that I have been going through the paces, but really not achieving anything.

The great thing is I haven't gone off my my eating plan. I haven't binged, eaten shit, just bitched on my blog. I think I deserve to get back my skinny bone.



We had Thai. I choose a chicken dish, of which I ate the chicken only, not that the sauce was fatty, was a light sweet and sour sauce, I had a small amount of hubby's rice with it, I decided to have that instead of eating the Pud Thai I ordered, I threw that in the bin as I didn't need it after I choose the rice instead.

I have overcome the Pirate of Powerlessness that told me I couldn't run by running on the treadmill AND faster then I've ever run on there. So will now be adding some intervals in on the weekend workouts.

I can't believe it's been a week on the challenge already! I am really enjoying this. I think doing a challenge along with a group of people was just the motivation boost I needed.

My boss's birthday was today....that means treats and donuts brought in. I looked at them and immediately thought of how awful they would make me feel when my blood sugar dropped. I thought about the big zit I'd get from eating all that sugar. And I thought about how awesome it will feel to go 100 days without dessert. I walked right past the sugar today.



I have never felt that my head has been in such a good place and so focused.

Now, here I go ... taking the positive steps towards achieving my goals. In the same vein, I developed a plan that will be implemented thoroughly by the end of this week. So stay tuned for some exciting news. Well, I'm excited about it. Been a long time in the making.

I have really been pushing hard - food has been spot on, workouts have been spot on, I've been journaling every day. I figure to have someone - a group of someone(s) - holding me accountable can only help me achieve my goals.

There hasn’t been the “I need to stuff my face and eat that whole bag of chips” that I normally feel like when junk has magically appeared in front of me and I need to gobble it up before it disappears.

I got up *really* early this morning (5am!), to exercise. I can honestly say that this would have never happened before.

I have been eating 3 meals, 2 snacks, keeping an eye on the water, and not eating after 8pm. For 4 days straight. This is a record for me.


My victory over the pirate of powerlessness was that I got through a Saturday without a binge (hardest day for me for some reason)

I will focus and take it one day at a time. I intend to spend 15 mins a day focussing on the outcomes and why I'm doing this, and another 5 mins on what will happen if I don't make a change/why I am. Then, it's just focus on the day, one at a time, one hour at a time if need be!

So after all my fluff up of a week, I still managed to cut some fat. So am pretty impressed with that one. To make it all the better today I am suffering big DOMS.

I did some jogging combined with 50m sprints on Monday afternoon and LOVED IT, plan to incorporate more of that into my training

I'll take this opportunity to learn something from it, and then keep on trudging forward. That's all I can do, right? Aside from mope and hate myself, but... that's not an option for me anymore. I have a life to live.

I fought the Pirate of Powerlessness the first 2 days of the flu, and then again when getting well, it was tempting to say oh well its the end of the week I will start fresh on Monday.


Loving the challenge ~

I am loving this because I am not alone on my quest for victory!! We women need to stick together - we will succeed!

I'm enjoying the support network developing here, I have more followers on my blog and some lovely new people are leaving me comments

Doing well and feeling less bloaty - cant ask more than that.

I feel empowered again!

I'm loving the challenge because I'm getting to know more great bloggers and it also makes me more accountable


Pirates Lost at Sea
[haven't heard a peep from them]
Amanda
Bianca
Carolyn
DonnaC
Kimmy
Lala
Laura
Liv
LJ
PJ
We miss you - come back ...






God that took hours!!! I'll have to think of an easier way to represent you all ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment