MOVED

This blog has now moved to head ♥ heart ♥ health

Recent posts from head ♥ heart ♥ health

Monday 12 October 2009

Do You Want It Bad Enough?


Is there any area in your life where you have great success without really having to work that hard at it? Is there something you are just naturally good at?

For me, I've always had financial security and a wonderful marriage. I was asking myself today why both of these areas have seemed to just 'drop into my lap' without any struggle.

The thing that springs to mind is that I am not attached to either material possessions or a 'happily ever after' romance. I don't NEED money to be happy and I don't NEED a relationship to be happy either. And because of that lack of attachment, both those things are bountiful in my life. I am extremely grateful and appreciate what I have (another clue?) and I enjoy every day that I have more money than I need and I am truly loved. Yet I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that if either or both disappeared tomorrow I would be sad for the loss but not in any way completely crushed. My identity does not lie in material wealth or being with another person.

It's that old story about when you go for an interview for a job you don't want that much, or stop looking for a relationship that you get those things. It seems that our ability to let go of the desire ensures we end up getting those things despite our neutral feelings.

Do you really NEED to have a body that is in it's top physical condition? Must you always eat on plan and on schedule to feel in control? Are you consumed by the latest diet and training program? How bad do you want it?

Maybe the intensity of your desire is what prevents you from getting what you want? Maybe wanting it bad means you're never going to get it, or if you do, you will be consumed by the fear of losing it.

Let it go ... life is about happiness, honesty, growth and experience and the money, relationship and banging body will be the icing on the cake.

Do I want it bad enough? Nah, but it will probably turn up sooner or later without me having to struggle for it.

(Note: being financially secure, in a good relationship and having a lean, fit, healthy body all still require EFFORT (going to work, loving my partner, eating healthy food, training) and the effort is what brings happiness - not the expectancy of reward some time in the future.)

1 comment:

  1. You already have a banging body you big spunk!!

    ReplyDelete