The effects of eating two slices of carrot cake for morning tea
1) cake does not satisfy me - I want to keep eating the rest of the cake so after two slices my craving is greater than if I hadn't had any at all
2) a sugar crash is not a pleasant thing - I am tired, find it difficult to concentrate, I am edgy and hungry
3) although I consciously choose to eat the cake in some weird attempt to prove that I can eat in 'moderation' without being 'bad' or off plan, I still pretend that I'm full and skip lunch. In actual fact, I am starving but after finding out I have just eaten over 700 calories and 90 carbs, I have to make amends
4) after getting home late, with really low blood sugar, Indian takeaway courtesy of Mr Katie is irresistible.
5) a higher than usual volume of food has an almost instant laxative effect - hopefully that's a good thing
Today's eating will not be labelled good or bad, it just was what it was. The lessons I learned, though, were all good.