MOVED

This blog has now moved to head ♥ heart ♥ health

Recent posts from head ♥ heart ♥ health

Friday 17 April 2009

The Curious Effects of a Binge




I am beginning to suspect that my body is at the point where it really needs a decent re-feed once a week. After eating over 4,000 calories of good and crappy food on Sunday, I have still leaned up over the past 4 days. The abundance of food on the weekend made dieting this week so much easier and I have even lost some weight [another lowest weight ever].

So I am going to shake things up and change my calories/carbs and training around to a 7 day schedule. The calories work out the same ~ 1400/2000 3:1 days [#1550 average] but I am doing 4 very low days, 1 high day and 2 moderate. The training is tailored to my energy levels because I am finding it very hard to keep up with NROL4W with no fuel in the tank [which is exactly what the book says]. My updated strategy is based on Lyle McDonald's Ultimate Diet 2.0.

Mon-Tue
1300 calories ~ 65g carbs ~ depletion training (high reps/light weight)

Wed-Thu
1300 calories ~ 65g carbs ~ low intensity cardio (or optional rest on one day)

Fri
2600 calories ~ 400g carbs ~ tension training (moderate reps/weight)

Sat
1600 calories ~ 150g carbs ~ power training (low reps/heavy weight)

Sun
1450 calories ~ 100g carbs ~ rest + optional low intensity cardio in the afternoon

3 comments:

  1. Can you believe it? Woo Hoo!

    Packed and ready to roll.

    See you soon. Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to reading how you get on with this. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See you girls soon! SMS-ed restaurant details to Shelley last night....

    ReplyDelete